ITSutra is always looking for talented people to become its team members. We realize that productive people are always a good addition to our organization. So if you have the financial acumen and the passion to work with some of the biggest companies in the world, join in!
Under supervision, perform activities and team leadership required to support a large, complex Unix/Linux based computing environment. Utilize customer service skills while acting as a technical resource to internal departments and system users. Use technical skills to proactively put scripts and documentation in place to comply with current standards.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Unix/Linux computing environment, including both virtualized and physical servers.
- Attend meetings as a team representative.
- Review and evaluate virtual and physical server performance and capacity.
- Use change management process.
- Act as a liaison for customer relations.
- Comply with all audit, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- Forecast system demands and recommends upgrades, expansions and reconfigurations.
- Perform computing environment build-outs, site setup, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of operating procedures and processes.
- Perform Unix/Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management, application installation, and backups.
- Support VMware environment including changes, adding/removing systems, and disk space management.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and/or interact with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support, server recovery, and troubleshooting functions.
- Assist with development and testing of changes needed to maintain DR environment
- Stay in tune with new technologies.
- Support on call, weekend and off hours work as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Arranging client coordination
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, Unix shells and standard utilities, and common Unix/Linux security tools
- In depth system administration knowledge and skills for Sun Solaris and RedHat Linux
- System administration experience and knowledge of VMware and administration of virtual servers
- Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart
- Solaris patches, packages, Yum, rpms, Satellite server
- SVM, LVM, Boot from SAN, UFS/ZFS, filesystem configuration
- General working knowledge of NAS, SAN, and networking
- Knowledge or experience with DevOps, OpenShift, AWS cloud, or other similar technologies is desirable