SQL Database Administrator
ITSutra is always looking for talented people to become its team members. We realize that productive people are always a good addition to our organization. So if you have the financial acumen and the passion to work with some of the biggest companies in the world, join in!
The SQL Database Administrator is responsible for gathering business requirements and conceptualize logical/physical databases. Perform database development and administration tasks in development, QA and production database environments
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and monitoring of a backup strategy that ensures recoverability of all databases meeting the downtime and data-loss needs of the business. Also responsible for carrying out successful DR testing
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and monitoring of standard database maintenance processes. The maintenance should include database consistency checks, index defragmentation, index statistics management, and any other items needed to guarantee the ongoing health of all databases
- Responsible for the monitoring of database performance
- Responsible for identifying poor performing queries and coordinating their resolution with the appropriate development or production support resources
- Responsible for the physical implementation of the database ensuring a physical database installation sufficient to the performance needs of the applications. This responsibility includes disk layout, server sizing, indexing strategies, and any other physical considerations necessary
- Responsible for the design and implementation of an effective security plan to secure the company data
- Responsible for the coordination and deployment of database changes with the change management, production support, and development groups
- Responsible for the investigation, vetting and recommendation of new technology germane to the DBA space
- Responsible for the design and implementation of highly available production systems
- Assists in the definition and implementation of database standards
- Shares knowledge by effectively documenting work and by acting as a mentor to the Database Administrators
- Thorough knowledge of SQL
- PL/SQL knowledge is desirable.
- Must have strong project management skills
- Extensive experience performing RDBMS software installation, database creation, database sizing, establishment of backup and recovery procedures and scripts, database performance tuning.